Turbine With J2EE
- A discussion of how Turbine can be used in a J2EE project.
Pull Model Vs. Push Model
- How and why the view piece of an MVC framework should pull data
rather than a controller pushing data to the view.
- A discussion of how Turbine follows and extends the Model-View-Controller pattern.
Articles On Turbine And Related Projects
- Maven ties together tools for better code management.
By Jeff Linwood.
Published in JavaWorld; October 11, 2002.
- Start up the Velocity Template Engine.
By Geir Magnusson, Jr.
Published in JavaWorld; December 28, 2001.
Related Apache Projects
Velocity - A view
technology comparable to JSP) that Turbine officially supports. Many
Turbine developers feel Velocity is an excellent alternative
to JSP for web application development.
Jetspeed 1 - An open source
portal engine built on top of the Turbine web application framework. Use
Jetspeed to develop a ready-to-go portal solution with open technology.
Log4j - A standard logging
framework used by Turbine and many other projects.
No more commenting System.out.println()'s in your code!
Maven - A Java
project management and project comprehension tool. Maven is based on the
concept of a project object model (POM) in that all the artifacts produced
by Maven are a result of consulting a well defined model for your project.
Torque - A persistence layer.
Torque includes a generator to generate all the database resources required
by your application and includes a runtime environment to run the generated